Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sarosh Homi Kapadia: The new Chief Justice Of India

The 62-year-old Justice S H Kapadia has been sworn as the Chief Justice Of India by President Pratibha Patil today at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.

The Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh along with former Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan and other VIPs attended the swearing ceremony.

The tenure of Justice Kapadia would continue till September 29, 2012. He is a very knowledgeable man with intense wisdom over various issues. He has also received great compliments for his tax laws knowledge. Huge responsibility awaits the CJI as he has to reduce the pending cases from various high courts and trials.

Justice Kapadia wrote in a letter to V R Krishna Iyer, former Supreme Court Judge as a reply to his congratulatory letter saying, "I come from a poor family. I started my career as a class IV employee and the only asset I possess is integrity. Even as a judge of the Supreme Court, I have used my knowledge of accounts and economics for the welfare of the downtrodden including tribals and workmen. I hope to fulfill my obligation to the Constitution in the matter of achieving the goal of inclusive growth."

No comments:

Post a Comment