Monday, February 1, 2010

Emma Watson Dishes on People Tree

Emma Watson Dishes on People Tree

Emma Watson leans onto her brother Alex in this new shot from her upcoming People Tree fashion range.
The 19-year-old British beauty opened up to the Daily Mail about the line, fair trade fashion and what really inspired her to design the line. Check it:
On how the line is about fashion, not her: “I didn’t want this collection to be all about me. This is not a celebrity endorsement, it is about creating something that is genuinely a great idea and about making a difference through fashion. I am very interested in fashion and I’ve been working a lot in the fashion world recently – it’s such an influential industry, so I knew that trying to help people, trying to alleviate poverty through a fashion line, could work. Fashion is a great way to empower people and give them skills; rather than give cash to charity you can help people by buying the clothes they make and supporting things they take pride in. It’s that simple.”
On the inspiration for the line: “I went through my summer wardrobe and thought, ‘If I filtered this so that it was just the very basics, what would I want to keep?’ The answer was cotton vests, easy T-shirt dresses, nice scarves to accessorize with and some lovely linen pieces. For the boys’ range I’ve done hoodies, which I know they’ll love. The clothes are very British, which is why we shot them in an English country garden – it’s all very strawberries and cream and tennis.”
On making the line a fair-trade fashion line: “The first time I heard about fair trade was during a geography coursework project, and I remember thinking, ‘Why isn’t everything fair trade?’ Everyone knows about fair-trade bananas and coffee, but of course anything can be fair trade. Fair-trade fashion costs a bit more but allows those who make it to earn a decent living; to be able to take care of their families and live with dignity.”


Emma-people emma watson people tree 07Emma-people emma watson people tree 06Emma-people emma watson people tree 05Emma-people emma watson people tree 04Emma-people emma watson people tree 02Emma-people emma watson people tree 01Emma-people emma watson people tree 08

No comments:

Post a Comment